About the Role
The SENIOR CIVIL WORKS ENGINEER/ MODELLER is responsible for planning and design of civil engineering designs across a broad range of infrastructure projects. It will include Civil engineering design in roads, sanitary, and drainage/stormwater projects, management of internal design projects, and preparation of contract documentation for design projects.
- Responsible for the Civil design of the components of the project.
- Define the civil design parameters, codes, and standards specific to the project.
- Provide substantial inputs in the preparation and finalization of the hydropower arrangements.
- Integrate inputs coming from other disciplines.
- Perform site gradings and access road designs.
- Review design drawings and oversee the preparation of detailed design computations.
- Provide guidance to support designers.
- Prepare design drawings, assessment reports, and presentation materials as needed.
- Liaise with other disciplines to provide the best solution.
- Attend meetings, site visits/inspections, and respond to Clients as needed.
- Coordinate within the department or with other disciplines to facilitate the production of outputs.
- Occasionally provide technical training as needed for the improvement of process and work execution.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Perform other duties as assigned relevant to the role.
Relevant Experience and Requirements
New graduates are encouraged to apply for Junior Engineer positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- For Senior Position, more than 5 years of experience specifically in Detailed Engineering Design projects
- Preferably with adequate experience in the design of hydropower projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D, 3D, and AutoCAD Civil 3D, as well as some GIS software or application (e.g., QGIS, ArcGIS, Global Mapper)
- Basic to Intermediate skills in MS Office, Autodesk Revit, or any BIM software
- Ability to visualize designs and translate them into drawings
- Ability to adopt drawing standards
- Must be self-motivated and proactive.
- Highly organized and efficient
- Willing to render overtime work and site inspections when necessary
- With a reasonable handle of the English language, both verbal and written
The selected candidate will be initially appointed on probationary status. The actual level and compensation will be based on EDCOP’s standard policy and the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org