About the Role
The HYDROPOWER PLANNER SPECIALIST will have at least 10 years of experience as a hydropower specialist with a minimum academic qualification of a civil or mechanical engineering degree and shall have held significant project management or specialist roles in engineering projects, preferably with involvement in Hydro Power projects.
The tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide expertise in the planning, design, and documentation of various hydropower projects from concept to construction.
- Prepare the detailed work program and implementation schedule for the project
- Prepare and evaluate a series of alternative arrangements for the system and corresponding components.
- Ensure VEVA processes are implemented.
- Responsible for the assessment of the optimum and viable scheme arrangement.
- Evaluate and confirm estimated energy generation.
- Prepare technical reports and computations.
- Provide high-level advice to the PM/TL/DM as required to ensure adequate coordination between disciplines and/or departments.
- Attend meetings and respond to Client queries as required.
- Occasionally provide technical training as needed for the improvement of drafting and drawing work execution.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Perform other duties as assigned relevant to the role.
Relevant Experience and Requirements
- With more than ten (10) years of experience in the design, construction management, and operation of hydropower projects
- BS degree in Civil or Mechanical engineering
- Proficient in hydrology, hydraulics, civils, and E&M designs
- Must be self-motivated and proactive
- Highly organized and efficient
- With a reasonable handle of the English language, both verbal and written
The selected candidate will be initially appointed on probationary status. The actual level and compensation will be based on EDCOP’s standard policy and the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org