About the Role
The SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER assists the Lead Engineer or Technical Specialist in activities such as reviewing and checking the design and/or drafting works, implementing the Project Quality Plan (PQP), and quality control of the assigned projects.
- Responsible for the structural design of the components of the project.
- Define structural design parameters, codes, and standards specific to the project.
- Ensure compliance with local and international codes.
- Review design drawings and oversee the preparation of detailed design computations.
- Provide guidance to support designers.
- Liaise with other disciplines to provide the best solution.
- Attend meetings, site visits, and respond to Client’s queries pertaining to hydropower developments.
- Process and final check of drawings, calculation sheets, and 3D models done by engineers, designers, and/or CAD operators, ensuring that all outputs have been reviewed, checked, and verified in accordance with the project specifications, and requirements.
- Coordinate within the department or with other disciplines to facilitate the production of drawings outputs.
- Occasionally provide technical training as needed for the improvement of drafting and drawing work execution.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Perform other duties as assigned relevant to the role.
Relevant Experience and Requirements
New graduates are encouraged to apply for Junior Engineer positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- For Senior Position, more than 5 years of experience specifically in Detailed Engineering Design projects
- Preferably with adequate experience in the design of hydropower projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD and MS Office applications.
- Knowledgeable in GIS software, REVIT, or other BIM software is a plus
- Must be self-motivated and proactive.
- Highly organized and efficient
- Willing to render overtime work and site visits when necessary
- With a reasonable handle of the English language
The selected candidate will be initially appointed on probationary status. The actual level and compensation will be based on EDCOP’s standard policy and the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org